Monday, December 19, 2011

Day 2

18 Last Seed, 4E 201

I get up early on day 2, the plan is to take the bridge across the river and search the other side for more ingredients, then return, craft some more potions and sell the ones from last night, plus the ones from today at Lucan’s before he closes for the day.

I’m excited to get going, in particular I’m looking for ingredients like those found yesterday which I can combine into a potion of stamina regeneration. I can feel in my bones that it will sell the best out of those that I discovered last night.

The day is uneventful, I wander along enjoying the sun, the sound of the stream and the butterflies . . . which I promptly snatch out of the air to try combining with the roots, mushrooms and flowers I find. Who knows, maybe I’ll discover a potion no one’s ever discovered before, in the back, on the left.

I come across some slaughterfish eggs, they’re gross, but I harvest one anyway, maybe it’ll be useful. It sure looked like there were more there than just one . . .



. . . maybe the others had hatched already. If so, I better watch myself if I decide to go for a swim.

Shortly afterwards I come across a man standing aimlessly under some trees.



Maybe he’s resting. I introduce myself and we chat for a bit. He tells me he’s a bard, refuses to teach me how to improve my manner of speaking and suggests I visit the Bard’s College. That’s the second person in two days to recommend that, is fate trying to tell me something?



If so, the next topic of conversation decides it for me. There is no way, at all, under any circumstances, I’ll become a bard.



In fact, on the off chance that’s what he’s looking for right now, and he finds some, I’m leaving as quickly as I can. I bid him good day (he ignores me) and I run off, though not as fast as I would if he’d actually found any adventure yet.

I continue gathering ingredients and then my stomach reminds me I haven’t eaten . . . and I didn’t buy any breakfast before leaving! I try the only semi-edible ingredient I’ve picked up, some mushrooms, and while they aren’t pleasant, at least they don’t seem to be harmful. I eat a few and continue my wandering. At last I spot a farmhouse in the distance, so I go to check it out. Maybe they’ll share their lunch with me!





She doesn’t, and she doesn’t seem to want company.

She doesn’t seem to mind me wandering around her home though so I do. Inside I find a book with a song about alchemy in it. I skim its pages and get a few ideas that I might try later if I come across the ingredients. Since she isn’t forthcoming with food, I leave without a word and continue my search for profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment