Now that I’m in Riverwood the first thing I do is head to the general store. Inside, the owner Lucan is arguing with someone who turns out to be his sister. Something about thieves, so I’m certainly not going to get involved! I stand awkwardly off to the side until they’re done.

I can’t even begin to afford the cheapest footwear he’s offering . . .

. . . but I buy some proper clothing for 6 gold. Afterwards I sell all the ingredients I’ve collected to Lucan for a decent profit, except for the Thistle which he apparently doesn’t think is worth buying. I can see why, it grows everywhere! If he wants thistle, all he has to do is step outside.
Next I head across the street to the blacksmith’s and meet Alvor. We chat and he offers to show me how to use the forge if I help him.

Okay, I come out and ask him to but hey, I gotta make a living and he’s the first craftsman I’ve met. While working for him he makes a comment which really gets my hopes up:

Later he feigns ignorance of the conversation though, so I guess he was just being polite. After my lessons at the forge I turn the wolf pelts I picked up earlier into leather and make some proper boots for myself.

I still have another Iron Ingot, not sure where I picked it up, and some leather so I make another Iron Dagger and a Leather Helmet.

I sell both back to Alvor and am now sitting pretty at 74 gold already!

I spend the rest of the day exploring Riverwood and meeting locals who all seem to think I’m some sort of adventurer . . .

. . . boy are they going to be disappointed. I find the inn but wait until dark before going in. While wandering I picked up some more ingredients around town and then head to the Sleeping Giant Inn an hour after dark.
Inside, a lady is lecturing a man behind the counter about the ale going bad (I know what I’m not drinking tonight!) so I approach her about a bed, clearly she’s in charge. I was right and rent a room for 10 gold.
I chat up the guy behind the counter, Orgnar, and after buying some food and Nord Mead (not ale) I ask about the Alchemy lab in the corner. He gives me the run down on it and some advice.

I don’t have either of those things, but it’s good to know, unfortunately I don’t have anything to write on so I will have to rely on my steel trap of a mind. *Great*. Over at the lab I discover this alchemy stuff is pretty easy. I only have a few ingredients (plus a ton of Thistle) from my wandering in town but I’ve already discovered a very expensive potion!

Orgnar’s not interested in buying it from me so I’ll try Lucan tomorrow. Now that I’ve got a room and had some food and drink, I’m down to a mere 30 gold! I didn’t exactly ration myself for dinner but I hadn’t eaten all day. Still, I’ve got more gold than I need to survive and should be able to make more tomorrow if I can find more Fly Amanita and Mora Tapinella . . . assuming Lucan will buy them.
I spend the next couple of hours socializing; Sven suggests I visit the Bard’s College in Solitude and I make a note of it. Maybe that’ll be the career for me.



Eventually I decide it’s late enough and I go to bed. With only 30 gold to my name I’ll need to be up early to get in a full day of exploring the area around Riverwood for more mushrooms.
No comments:
Post a Comment