Friday, December 23, 2011

Day 2 continued

18 Last Seed, 4E 201

After leaving the old lady’s home I continue to wander in search of ingredients on this side of the river. I don’t find much other than Thistle, which I leave where it is, I think 15 stalks of it is enough when it has no financial value, but I do eventually spot some large mammoth bones up the mountain a ways while I walk and I run over to investigate. They look old (and therefore the danger is likely past) and it’ll be a nice distraction from my thus far hungry and only mildly productive day.

They are interesting, and I find what I magically deduce is a vein of Corundum ore. I don’t know what it’s for, but I bet I can sell it. I make a mental note to return here when I can afford a pick axe.



Suddenly it gets a lot more interesting.



That blood is a lot more fresh than the mammoth bones . . . and there seems to be a ribcage with bits of gore still clinging to it so I leave post haste and continue down river when I’m too tired to run any further.

Eventually I come to a small run down dock and, thinking there may be another farm house at the head of the path leading to it, I follow it up into the mountains.



At the head of the trail is not a farmhouse, but this “inviting” cave.



Actually, it might have some mushrooms within, so I check it out . . . carefully. I do find one small patch of mushrooms, but also this eerie glowing rune on the ground.



Clearly someone lives here . . . and they don’t want visitors. I turn to go and accidentally set off the rune. In addition to sudden, freezing pain, I hear running footsteps and do the same with mine as I beat a hasty retreat.

Outside I climb down the mountain by the fastest path and continue my ingredients search. Whereupon I discover this:



It looks interesting and much less likely to be occupied than an inviting cave, plus, maybe there’ll be some buried treasure! Yes, I know, adventurous, but if I just peak my head in, take a look around the entrance and duck back out everything should be fine. And, maybe I’ll find some rare mushrooms or moss that I can use.

I stop to do some fishing before I find the entrance . . .



. . . and then go on in.



Creepy, but clearly not recent. I investigate to see if he’s got any bonemeal but it seems he’s been here long enough that it’s rotted away. That’s a good sign at least. I see lights beyond, through an open doorway and peek through . . .



. . . and find more fresh blood! Okay, I get the hint, I’m out of here. Clearly that first skeleton was a warning. Outside I find another floating in the water, and this one has bonemeal and some gold on it. Either he’s one unlucky dude or this sinking fort is occupied necromancers. Either way I’m leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment