The goal is to start from the barest beginnings and work my way up from there, so I skip the entire tutorial after I’m given full control of my character by simply running through and ignoring all danger, loot, etc. The only things I pick up are an Iron dagger off of a dead imperial and a sack of 10 gold.
Oh yeah, the dead imperial. In order to make sure that Alvor wasn’t going to spend all of his time waiting on me to advance the main quest in his home I “sided” with the Stormcloaks and followed Ralof into the keep. By avoiding all tasks and danger, I effectively prevented any of my skills from advancing before leaving the tutorial.
Here I am, just setting out on my new life.

Our beginnings are pretty bare. I’ve got an Iron Dagger, some footwraps, a roughspun tunic and 10 gold. Plus the Flames and Healing spells you begin with.

I begin my trek down the mountain towards Riverwood and begin picking all the ingredients I come across. I’ve only got 10 gold right now and I’m going to need some proper clothes and footwear.
I come across the first set of Guardian Stones and choose thief.

Not because I’m a thief, or plan to be one, but because I want the bonus to increasing my Speech skill. I’m an Imperial, so it makes sense that I’d be good at this plus, I need a source of income if I’m not an adventurer and that means selling things. The faster my Speech advances, the better the prices I’ll be able to command at market.
Continuing down the road I de-select the main quest (you can’t lead me into danger!) and am immediately led into danger. My first encounter . . . wolves!

It looks like they’ve already seen me but I drop into a crouch and slowly stalk past them. Amazingly, they seem to be ignoring me. I continue on and get a little cocky at their ignorance and try to pick some ingredients as I sneak by. Apparently I kicked a rock or something because suddenly they detect me.

I whip out my dagger and my Flames spell and set to work. They don’t do much damage and in short order I’m skinning them and taking their pelts. Maybe I can make some proper shoes for myself later.
I continue picking ingredients as I go and finally arrive in Riverwood around midday.
No comments:
Post a Comment